Friday, June 10, 2011


Today's Stats:

Weather: Mostly sunny and sticky
Temperature: a frigid 87*

1st Run Taken: 8:40am
Last Run Dropped: 6:03pm
Total Runs Completed: 29

Today was okay. I woke up feeling pretty tired after suffering from paralyzing calf cramps all night. I have got to figure out a way to better stretch that muscle. These episodes are becoming chronic. Usually the next day, the muscle feels empty and unattached, if that makes any sense. But, other than being tired physically, I was also pretty tired emotionally. Yesterday, some new information came to light, and it seems that I might have to make some major changes with my job. I wrestled with this unsettling revelation all night.
As it turns out, I am getting screwed BIG TIME with my pay. I won't get into all the details of how commission based pay works at a messenger service, but let's just say that I am not getting my fair share of the cut. I confronted my bosses today, and they basically told me like or leave it. So, I went to a few other messenger services in town, looking for work. The messenger business is a big community, so everyone knows everyone. I talked with two companies that told me I could start Monday morning, if I wanted to. However, I still need to talk with the main boss at my current company to see if I can get my percentage raised. I mean, they fucking owe it to me. I literally do 25% of the work per day for the company. This is roughly 40 runs a day, and 10 hours on a bike. I am always the first one to call in, and always the last one to go home. And trust me, I work my ass off, and it's not always fun.
However, today is Friday, so I'm gonna try and not let it bother me too much and enjoy my weekend. Tonight, I am going to see the Bush Tetras reunion show at Le Poission Rouge down in Greenwich. Then, tomorrow is the redneck, I mean, Mississippi Picnic in Central Park. I will definitely have to hit that up for some free catfish and sweet tea. Hope you all have a great weekend. I will keep you updated on my struggle for better wages.



That's what I'm talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment