Wednesday, July 20, 2011


Today's Stats

Weather:
Like pulling through the drive-thru at McDonalds, ordering a large coffee, getting the coffee, exiting your vehicle right there at the window, taking the top off the coffee, dumping it over your head, letting it drip all over you, getting back into your car, and driving to your job at the construction site.

Temperature: a crisp 84 degrees

1st Run Taken: 10:00am
Last Run Dropped: 5:55pm
Total Runs Completed: 28

Sangfroid: 10

Holy lobster pot at Orvis it was uncomfortably warm today! Here in NYC we are in the midst of what the media officials are calling a "heat wave". Well, here at ConEff we are calling it "The Nuclear Scrotocaust". You can decipher for yourself what that means. On Friday, its supposed to get up to triple digits. So, we will look forward to that.

To be perfectly honest, the heat is tough. I like to ride hard and sprint around all day, especially lately because I am starting to feel so strong, but it takes a toll on your body. Usually by the end of the day I have a slight headache, my body is basically chaffed everywhere from being wet all day, I'm covered in brake dust, and I'm dead tired. When I get home I usually strip down, drink a bunch of ice water and hang out in front a fan for a while. After my head calms down and my pores have shut off, I move on to food. I eat a massive amount, shower, and pass out. Somewhere in there I fit in a little internet time, a beer or two, and a little blogging. Sometimes it's hard to write this damn blog. I mean, I'm glad you guys enjoy it, but man, sometimes all I wanna do is put on some Netflix and keep a cold rag on my head. But, such is life. I think not having air conditioning makes it hard too. I basically never have any sort of respite from the heat. At my house, you have to get situated and be still. You can't move around too much, else you might break a harder sweat. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I chose my living situation, and I fucking love it. Hell, not having AC is part of the New York experience. A lot of people here don't have air conditioning. We all just have box fans and cold beer. I'm simply trying to explain how the job is exponentially more demanding upon your body when the heat is as bad as it is. (I love Southern syntax)
However, because of the extreme heat, business has been increasing. For some, going outside simply isn't an option.




No comments:

Post a Comment